Designer Q/A with the founder and Designer of O L I V I A R O S E ®
Q: What do you have in the works that you are really excited about?
A: Currently I am woking on launching women's collection of hand picked designer favourites. As a lover of fashion and fashion trends I have always had a dream to share my passion for fashion with other women on a global scale. Monthly I will release a limited assortment of my hand picked favourite looks and post pictures to our blog of me modelling each styled look! I can't wait to share this with our shoppers!!!
Q: What is your favourite design from your whole collection?
A: The Victorian Princess Dream Pettidress from the "Dream" collection would have to be my favourite design for the entire OLIVIA ROSE ® line. I will never forget the time when we did our 1st photo shoot for the "Dream" collection in Olivia's room and she modelled this dress. Its so comfy , timeless and perfect for any occasion. It is our number 1 selling dress!
Q: Why did you choose to design and develop a girls ballerina inspired clothing line?
A: I grew up dancing ballet for most of my childhood. I have always had a love and passion for classical music and ballet. I continued to dance well into my twenties and even danced while I was pregnant with my 1st daughter Olivia. I even did a spring recital wearing point shoes at 5 months pregnant. So I guess this is the reason for the ballet component of the line. I have always been a skirt and dress kind of girl. When I use to work at the bank I would either wear a dress or a skirt, on the days that I would wear pants , my co-workers would notice and say, "no skirt today , Anna?" Then when Olivia was born I never imagined the joy I felt , "a daughter" I was over the moon!! I could not wait to put her in skirts and dresses and could not wait for her to be old enough to start ballet! I had always been the entrepreneur type, but never knew exactly what kind of a business I wanted to start. It was when I was pregnant with Julia Rose , my youngest daughter and I had started making tutu skirts while on maternity leave. I had finally decided, I wanted to start a clothing line, and was inspried by my LOVE of ballet , girly fashions and of course my 2 daughters. Olivia and Julia Rose.
Q: What motivates you and Inspires you as a designer?
A: The fact that I am able to dress so many little girls worldwide and take part in so many special moments of these families lives. 1st pictures, baptisms, christenings, communions, 1st birthdays, special holidays. So many special milestones and these little girls are wearing OLIVIA ROSE ®. Its a dream come true!
Q: What is the brands mission statement or goals?
A: At OLIVIA ROSE ® we aim to create a cherished heirloom clothing line that is comfortable and affordable. We want to dress as many baby girls and to be apart of all of her milestone moments.
Q: Do you have a favourite quote or words of inspiration?
A: If you can be can be anything, be kind! Work hard and be kind!
Q: Do you have any words of wisdom for other women thinking about starting a business ?
A: If I could say one important thing, it would be to never lose sight of your dream. You need to wake up everyday and remember why you are doing what you are doing. Even on those days when you wonder , why I am I doing this? ( on those bad days) Yes you will have those days!! I still have those days. You will need to always reflect back to your dream. Never lose focus on this! It will be your drive, motivation, it will make your business.
Inspired by VOGUE'S 73 burning question interview with famous celebrities , such as Sarah Jessica Parker, Kendall Jenner and Victoria Beckham. We've ask Designer AnnaMaria a list of questions for you
1.What is your favourite holiday? Thanksgiving
- What is your favorite season? Fall
- Blow dry or air-dry ? Blow-dry !!!!!
- Heels or Flats? Heels
- Favorite rainy day activity? Cleaning and organizing closets!
- If you could switch lives with someone for a day, who would it be? Sarah Jessica Parker
- If you could have coffee with someone from the past who would it be? My Grandmother on my fathers side. I never got the to chance meet her .
- What’s the best thing that happened this year? , I gained a team of people who have helped gown my business. So very thankful and full of gratitude!
- Diamonds or Pearls? Diamonds!!
- Best thing your mom taught you? Always be strong, don’t ever let anyone get in the way of your happiness.
- What is your favorite exercise? Running.
- What is the best way to decompress? Taking a hot bath with lavender salts.
- What is the last book you read? Shoe Dog.
- What is your most favourite country that you’ve ever visited? ) France.
15.What is the biggest thing you’ve learned about being a mom? My mother was always right!
16.Favorite ice cream? Chocolate Soft Serve.
17.What makes you smile the most? Thinking about how lucky I am to have my loved ones in my life.
- Favorite food? Tacos!
- What was your worst subject in school? French.
- Favorite band of all time? The Beatles.
- Favorite place to shop. Target !
- Best gift you’ve ever received? My 2 girls ! I thank God every day.
- What was the biggest surprise you’ve ever had? My engagement proposal.
- Who is your fashion icon? Audrey Hepburn.
- What is your favorite fashion trend of all time? Chokers.
- What did you wear to your prom – A gold sequinned dresses I designed inspired by Jennifer Lopez ‘s outfit that she wore to the 1999 Vogue Fashion Awards.
- Favorite TV show? House Hunters
- Favorite guilty pleasure? Spoon of Nutella
- Favorite childhood memory Paying outside till dinner was ready.
- What is the best advice you could give a new mom? Time is so precious and goes by way to fast. Enjoy all the moments with your little ones even the times when you think its so bad. Just get down on the ground and be silly with them. I miss these moments most!
- What is the first thing you do in the morning? Make Coffee
- Favorite color to wear? Navy
- Celebrity crush? Pierce Brosnan (James Bond)
- What three things are always in your bag? Lipstick , Phone, and my wallet
- What is the perfect date? Picnic lunch by the lake.
36. Favourite board game? Monopoly
Thanks for reading ! Hope you enjoyed learning more about AnnaMaria Di Nicolantonio, the Director and Designer of OLIVIA ROSE ®